Friday, October 10, 2008

Living in Istanbul

"Living in Istanbul" is one of my favourite books. I wanted to share it with you, because these pictures are so excellent.
First have a seat and relax while drinking your turkish coffee...
I love these impressions...
There are lots of old palaces that are overwhelming...
Pictures of charming wooden houses along the Bosporus are eyecatching, imagine having your tea or coffee while sitting here and looking from Europe to Asia...
The curtains are so lovely and the view to the sea is awesome...
Above you can see a little detail of the interior of a palace...
This book also shows carpets, fabrics and you can read about traditions. I can look at these pictures for hours, because Istanbul is my hometown and looking at these stunning pictures is so relaxing. "Living is Istanbul" captures by showing interiors of old wooden houses, the ones we call "Yali" in turkish. These are details you normally would not see, but with these pictures you can imagine living there.
So do I :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I will go ahead and order the book from amazon, pictures look really great.