Sunday, October 12, 2008

Wedding dress

After working so hard for two weddings the last weeks
I would like to show you a very special wedding dress.
It is Petra´s own wedding dress
and I wore this smashing dress on her first fashionshow last year.
While realizing the photoshooting on the bridge
some people thought that I was a real bride :-)
What I respect the most concerning this beautiful dress is the fact that Petra sew her own wedding dress ! I love the story she uses to tell, how she saw a special dress in the Grand Bazaar in Istanbul and she told the vendor to give her the dress that hung above in several meters. So she used the unique embroidery and some parts of that dress and created a perfect wedding dress.

6 comments:

Yoli said...

Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

You look so pretty. What a fabulous dress.

bianca said...

hallo esra,
du siehst auch als braut großartig aus, das kleid ist auch wieder ein traum. hast du daran auch mitgearbeitet?
liebe grüße
bianca

Esra said...

@yoli & "anonymous"
Thank you so much for your lovely words !

@bianca
Herzlichen Dank, liebe Bianca, aber dieses wunderschöne Brautkleid hat Petra ganz alleine genäht, da kannten wir uns noch gar nicht. Aber es ist wirklich ein Traum, da gebe ich Dir völlig Recht.
Ganz liebe Grüße,
Esra :-)

My Castle in Spain said...

You look simply gorgeous...

going down through your posts, I noticed this book by Claudia Roden. I had the pleasure to meet her a conference held in Granada about oriental and andalusian cuisine in Granada and she's great !!

Esra said...

Oh, how amazing! I love her book and her way of describing the oriental cuisine.
Thank you for your kind comment and for stopping by :-)