Sunday, July 26, 2009

Baked Swordfish

It´s Sunday - time for a new recipe! Today I´ll share a delicious meal, that everyone can easily prepare. So hopefully you love fish..
Here´s what you need:
- swordfish
- a cup of onion cubes
- sliced tomatoes
- bay leaves
- sliced pepperoni
- olive oil
- sliced lemon
- salt and pepper
- aluminium foil

First prepare a piece of aluminium foil with a spoon of olive oil. Then place the swordfish right in the middle of it (you can use steaks or smaller pieces). Sprinkle some salt and pepper over the fish. Place tomatoes, pepperoni and onions on and around the fish. Use a bay leaf to add some herbal taste and finally top everything with a sliced lemon. Wrap the fish with aluminium foil and bake it at medium heat until it is cooked, but still wet. The swordfish I used needed 40 minutes. This easy and healthy meal works also very well with salmon and other fish.

2 comments:

Isabella said...

Thank you for the recipe, Esra! It reminds me of the time when I lived in Greece. I used to "grill" the aluminium package on the stovetop in my tiny student room because I didn't have a proper oven ;-) It's perfect for hot summer days like these.

Esra said...

Glad you liked it, dear Isabella :)
This is such an easy way of enjoying a really delicious fish!!