Monday, July 27, 2009

Biggest ewer ever...

***
When I was in Istanbul a few weeks ago, I discovered this stunning ewer. This is the biggest ewer I have seen in my life. It´s hand hammered and above you can see the owner of this shop working on another beautiful item. Whenever I see someone working on materials like copper, brass or silver, I am very fascinated and have to watch how everything is done. Mr Atilla Yanik is one of the last masters and he told me, that it took 3 years to complete the giant ewer. An item with that size can be used for decoration, if someone has very much space. In his shop you can also find beautiful handmade hamam bowls and anything you need to cook as well as to prepare tea and coffee. Maybe you just like to find cute items that will remind you of a trip to Istanbul. Thank you Mr Yanik for being so kind and sharing your beautiful work!!!

No comments: