Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Iznikium - handmade Turkish ceramics

Good news for all the lovers of those beautiful ceramics: when I was in Istanbul a few days ago, I went to my favourite ceramics shop in the Grand Bazaar. Many of you wanted to know where I had taken this picture and asked for its exact location. This shop is called Iznikium and you can find it here: Kavaflar Sokak No: 20, Grand Bazaar, Istanbul. On their website you can see a fine selection of plates, bowls, tiles and vases. Every item is handmade and has its own character. They look beautiful on pictures, but in reality they are stunning.

3 comments:

Isabella said...

Makes me want to fly to Istanbul at once!

Esra said...

Oh, Istanbul is sooo worth every trip!!!

thriftylittleblog said...

I'm drooling... these dishes call for open shelving!