Thursday, March 25, 2010

Sage tea

I´ve caught a very bad cold these days and didn´t want to take extra medicine to feel better. So I prefer to prepare sage tea with dried leaves. If you are in the same situation as me (bad sore throat + I lost my voice) the only thing you have to do is to boil som water and add it to the sage leaves. If you don´t like the pure taste of sage, because it can be quite strong, feel free to add a wedge of lemon or a little honey. This tea will make you feel better and is an excellent herbal treatment. If you use more sage leaves to make a very strong tea, you can also use it as a gargle.
Sage tea is very popular in Turkey. When I am in Istanbul during the winter it´s always relaxing and calming to enjoy fresh prepared sage tea, because it´s mostly windy and cold. On the pictures you can see how this tea is served in Istanbul. A tulip-shaped teaglass filled with this yummy herbal tea doesn´t remind of grandma´s old recipes at all.

No comments: